FAQ: If I am using a non compatible pump (like me, I am using Medela Freestyle), can I self modify / enhance the parts to suit my pump?
I have read and understood that my pump, Medela Freestyle is not compatible with Freemie so I have made enquiries to the reseller and ask about it. I am worried what if I have spend the money and I could not use it? Worse, if I have to buy another pump just to use Freemie. My conversation and queries with the reseller as follows (green is reseller):
- Is it compatible with Medela Freestyle?
- But I read and research, so far the reviews all commented a no.
- For Medela Deluxe, if you can use it with Medela Deluxe.
- What is the concern and why everyone say No? What is the risk?
- If you use a wrong pump the risk is the back flow problem. The milk may flow back to your pump. This can actually be resolved if you use a back flow protector.
This is the back flow protector and how to assemble. A little modification and it works!
Tutorial & step by step:
- After you assemble freemie (refer to my previous video sharing), you can now connect your tube to the (tube 2 – which is the bigger tube) .
- Fix the tube 2 to your BFP.
TAKE NOTE! You must fix the tube 2 connecting to the smaller tubing toward the pump. Or else the BFP won’t be protecting your pump!
- Then connect the other end of tube 2 to Medela.
Vola! Happy pumping people!